Historical Sunday Tours

Take a Tour at Chapel of the Chimes

Come find out why Chapel of the Chimes has long been considered one of the most beautiful buildings in all of California. Every 4th Sunday of the month, we will guide visitors on a tour through this historic landmark, which was originally designed in 1909 as a cemetery and columbarium.

The building today dates largely from a 1928 development based on the eclectic designs of California’s first licensed female architect Julia Morgan. Located on the hill at the end of Piedmont Avenue in Oakland, the building houses European antiquities and treasures as well as work from local artisans. Winding pathways and indoor gardens add to the beauty of the space. The Chapel of the Chimes offers a vivid look into art history and provides a home for many local musicians who perform regularly throughout the year.

Please RSVP to attend one of our tours. Contact us at 510-654-0123 or email Jessica Adaya at Jessica.Adaya@chapelofthechimes.com to schedule your visit.

  • Share:
  • share-icon-linkedin
  • share-icon-twitter
  • social_facebook
  • share-icon-pinterest
  • share-icon-google
  • share-icon-reddit
  • share-icon-email
WordPress Image Lightbox Plugin